Sunday, January 11, 2009

An Oldie but Goodie!!

I am working on cleaning and organizing my stamp room today so going to post a project I made previously but still love!!

Here is one of the dry erase boards I made for Chris' teacher for Christmas this year. SUPER easy and SUPER functional. In fact, I made a Christmas one for us and packed it away so need another since my husband and I both miss it for those quick to do's and notes!

I got a glossy tile from Lowe's and CAREFULLY stamped my image in Staz On. I let it dry a good 3 hours and colored in with Sharpie markers and let dry OVERNIGHT. The next day I used Crystal Effects ONLY ON THE STAMPED IMAGE. This allows you to use the rest of board as a dry erase board and wont' wipe off the stamped image!!

Thank you and ENJOY!!

~Just Buzzin' By stamp set
~Black Staz On
~Sharpie markers
~ Crystal Effects
~6x8 glossy tile
~felt stickers for bottom

11 comments:

  1. Sarah - that is a great idea - I will have to try it for Patrick's teacher. Thanks for passing it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling, and so very clever!! I'll bet Chris's teacher just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, What a brilliant idea. I love this board. Thanks for sharing your work. Very inspiring! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing idea!!! Thanks for sharing the tip about the Crystal Effects - I wouldn't have thought about adding that to preserve the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I love it...now I know what my next group project will be. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I never knew you could do this. What a great project idea! Thanks for sharing it. Your project turned out great! Love the bees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading your comments!!