Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Retirement!



Playing with another Sneak Peak stamp set from the upcoming Occasions mini!!

Just Beachy is just peachy...sorry had to do it!!

I love this set. It is so fun! I was inspired by the SCS gallery and came up with this card.

I broke out some retired cardstock, Soft Sky. I ran it through my Big Shot using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I then used my versamarker to ink certain areas of the "waves" to add some Heat and Stick powder and Dazzling Diamonds (psssst..Sandy did you see the "bling"??) for some sea foam!

The Kraft paper is just torn to make some sand and I used my trusty markers to ink up some of the images to cut out! I just love the flip flops!! I can't wait to bring mine out of the closet!!

The relaxation stamp is from the Congrats SAB set! My MIL is retiring in a few months and LOVES the beach so this will be PERFECT for her!!

Thanks for looking and may not be posting again til Sunday (my SIL is coming from NY to visit!!)

8 comments:

  1. HA! Sarah, I saw it, LOVE the bling, tee he he! It gives a nice sparkly foam look to the waves.

    I have to say that you really used this set well. When I saw this set, I couldn't think of what could be done with it. I see you had a vision, and a very nice one. (love the sand dunes, LOL)

    I love the brown spots around the flip flops and the popcycle that is NOT melting, LOL. Putting it next to the bucket was a fantasic idea. It looks like a little kid was playing and put it down to chase a seagull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah! Great card! I love all the techniques you used. I am liking the new blog look! I like to change mine frequently, as well! Have a wonderful visit with your SIL.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv this beach scene you have created....so fun! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - this is a great card. Love the techniques you used. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great beach scene. Love how you used the embossing folder and then made it all sparkly - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww........this is really cute and the embossed bkgd is perfect! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh - clever sand! perfect colors and love the cuttled horizon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading your comments!!