Monday, October 5, 2009

How I watercolored the Fall Basket card...

I was asked how I watercolored the previous card. First, note that this is the first time I have used Watercolor pencils (or the crayons...can't wait to try them out!)

Because I wasn't using my Aqua Pens, I didn't use watercolor paper. I just used Very Vanilla cardstock and Black StazOn ink. If I was getting the paper more wet or going over the color alot, I would have used the special paper so it wouldn't tear.

1. Get out your Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen and stamped image.

2. I chose the brown pencil and just drew a line where I was going to blend together.

3. I used the blender pen to watercolor the lines.
4. I drew a squiggley around the bottom of the basket to give it dimension and blended them together.
5. I colored the leaves and used the blender pen to finish the leaves (be sure to clean off your blender pen after each color!!)

I have alot to learn and can't wait to try out the crayons!! How fun!!

Hope this helps you get out your watercolor pencils/crayons and blender pens and get craftin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading your comments!!